Monday 11 March 2013

Books!!

Last Summer, I was introduced to a most fascinating book called The Illustrated Encyclopedia of the Ocean, from Dorling Kindersley. I searched high and low for the book in every bookstore I came across, and not one had it (oh how I miss Borders)! Then, about a week ago (8 months from the original sighting no less), I finally found the prized possession in my local Waterstones. Cue the sudden appearance of my inner "Golem".


I tell you, this book is such a valuable part of my library! Never have I found such a comprehensive book for marine biology, especially with such detailed science.

Well, later that week, I bought some charms and beads so I could make myself a new bookmark (my old Eragon bookmark is sadly still MIA).


I chose emerald and aqua crystal beads since emerald is my birthstone (Yay! Go May!) and aqua crystal simply looks beautiful. The fish is of course because I love fish! Making the charm for the book mark was not so hard as when I usually make charms, since I also bought a new set of pliers to attach the metal loop at the top.

Making the charm
The finished charm before attaching to the bookmark
Ok, this may actually be nicer than my Eragon bookmark,
which is saying something since the other had a dragon!
In it's rightful place on my brand-spanking new
marine biology book

No comments:

Post a Comment