Wednesday 9 April 2014

NUS National Conference 2014 Day 1

courtesy of the National Union of Students

  So hi all!!  It seems my many journeys have landed me in the NUS National Conference in Liverpool.  It was such an exciting and exhausting first day, what with the arriving to Liverpool, getting used to the Conference, and then voting on what seemed like countless motions in the Education and Priority Zone.

  So why are we all here?  Well it's all to do with the elections and voting, where we vote on the policy of the NUS for the coming year and the very important Presidential and Vice Presidential elections.  What this means for us students, is that we are voting on who represents us to all sectors of society: the Government, the Trade Unions, and even the Institutions which we have chosen to study at.

  I know I told all you guys on Twitter that I will be posting this last night, but we students need some sleep ;)  I shall be posting tonight (or hopefully throughout the day) and be sure to check twitter for updates throughout the conference.  If you want to take part, just use the hashtag #nusnc14


Happy Conference everyone!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment